We must make sure the views of local people are at the heart of everything we do
We are committed to involving local people in our work. The communications and engagement workstream is helping NHS and social care leaders with this.
Our role is to communicate and engage with local people, the health and social care professionals that deliver our services and other stakeholders about future plans for health and social care in Kent and Medway. Your feedback plays a vital role in shaping the development and delivery of these plans.
What you’ve told us:
We know that emotions can run high when talking about changes to health and social care services that you and your family rely on. You have told us you want us to be open and honest with you about our plans and give your real opportunities to get involved. You want your views to be heard, properly considered and responded to.
We want to:
- Build awareness and understanding of the need for change in health and social care, about plans as they develop, and about how you can help shape those plans
- Make sure there is regular, clear communication about our plans is that is easy to understand and easy to access
- Ensure patients, staff and stakeholders are involved in and can inform the design and development of plans at every stage
- Demonstrate how this involvement has shaped plans through a ‘you said, we did’ approach
- Help create a successful environment for change by supporting the building and strengthening of open, trusted and constructive relationships across the health and care system, with staff, key stakeholders, patients, service users, carers and the public
- Effectively support any formal consultation, in line with statutory duties and requirements, with opportunities for widespread participation including amongst the seldom heard and nine protected characteristic groups.
What we have done so far
- Published a case for change for east Kent, and one for the whole of Kent and Medway
- Published a summary of the Kent and Medway draft Sustainability and Transformation Plan
- Set up a Kent and Medway website and monthly email bulletin. Sign up to the bulletin here.
- Carried out and evaluated an online survey which captured over 1900 responses, and conducted focus groups to gather insights from local people
- Established a Patient and Public Advisory Group and Partnership Board
- Meetings with MPs, councillors, unions, Healthwatch, Health and Wellbeing Boards and Health Oversight and Scrutiny Committees.
The STP Communications and Engagement Team
If you have a media enquiry about the work of the Kent and Medway Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP), or need to contact a member of the STP Communications and Engagement Team, please email email@example.com, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
The team provides an out-of-hours service for urgent media enquiries: 07825 844666.
The Kent and Medway Sustainability and Transformation Partnership is a collaboration of all NHS healthcare providers and clinical commissioning groups in Kent and Medway and social care services provided by Kent County Council and Medway Council.
Please direct any queries for a particular health or social care organisation in Kent and Medway to that organisation’s communications team.