East Kent Joint Committee
The four clinical commissioning groups in east Kent have established the Sustainable Health Care in East Kent Joint Committee to lead work on a collective strategy across east Kent, enabling the delivery of high quality, sustainable and financially viable clinical services.
The joint committee is leading on plans currently being developed for reconfiguration of hospital services in east Kent.
The joint committee includes voting and none voting members as listed below. Since January 2019 the joint committee appointed a non-voting independent chair (Bob Deans)
Each constituent CCG has three voting members (from the CCG Governing Body):
- Clinical Chair
- A non-executive clinician (a GP or Practice Nurse)
- A lay member, independent member or secondary care clinician
- Bob Deans – Independent Chair
- Glenn Douglas – Accountable Officer of the four east Kent CCGs
- Caroline Selkirk – Managing Director of the four east Kent CCGs
- Ivor Duffy – Chief Finance Officer of the four east Kent CCGs
- Sarah Vaux – Chief Nurse of the four east Kent CCGs
Other non-voting members support the committee and attend meetings on a regular basis. Representatives from East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust also attend meetings.
24 October 2019
10am – 1pm
Canterbury Suite, Ashford International Hotel, Simone Weil Avenue, Ashford TN24 8UX
If you would like to attend as an observer please book here.
Papers will be published here one week before the meeting. Questions about the topics being discussed can be submitted in writing to email@example.com and the committee will endeavour to cover these as part of its discussions.
22 August 2019 (rescheduled from 25 July 2019)
9 May 2019
25 April 2019
10am – 1pm
The Glo Centre, Unit 2, Westwood Business Park, Strasbourg Street, Margate CT9 4JJ.
Papers for the meeting:
- Minutes of previous meeting
- East Kent digitial strategy update
- Options evaluation pack
- Travel Advisory Group update
- Programme update
28 February 2019
Papers for the meeting:
- minutes of previous meeting in public
- medium list options assessment update (updated 22/02/19)
- report from recent public engagement activity
- service models update
- evaluation process and timeline.
30 November 2017
The committee met in public, on 30 November 2017, to agree the medium list of options to take forward for more detailed consideration. Papers from the meeting are listed below:
- Meeting agenda
- Medium list options paper
- Presentation on developing the east Kent Medium List
- Evaluation process presentation
Additional information on the proposals published at the time of the meeting include:
The committee was originally called the Sustainable Acute Medical Care in East Kent Joint Committee.
Latest updates from east Kent
The NHS and social care partners in east Kent are working together to design better and more sustainable services for local people, both in and out of hospital. We are committed to improving services so you get the best, most effective hospital care when you need it -...
The Sustainable Health Care in East Kent Joint Committee of Clinical Commissioning Groups is meeting in public on: Thursday 25 April 2019 10am – 1pm The Glo Centre, Unit 2, Westwood Business Park, Strasbourg Street, Margate CT9 4JJ The agenda is now confirmed and...
Plans to evaluate two possible options for improving hospital and local NHS services across east Kent were given the go-ahead at a meeting of the Sustainable Health Care in East Kent Joint Committee of NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups on 28 February 2019. Both...