Patient and Public Advisory Group
The Patient and Public Advisory Group (PPAG) is part of the formal governance structure for the Sustainability and Transformation Partnership in Kent and Medway.
The group is just one strand of the engagement and involvement work to ensure the voice of patients and the public are heard in the development of more detailed plans for health and social care in our area.
The Patient and Public Advisory Group meet once a month and provide the partnership with their feedback on the programme itself, as well as offering advice and suggestions on the communication and engagement supporting the Sustainability and Transformation Plan. They are only one means by which the partnership is involving people. Each member is part of one or more of our workstreams.
Recruiting new members – Summer 2018
We are currently (summer 2018) looking for five new members to join the group and particularly want to encourage people from diverse or seldom-heard communities to apply. We need someone from each of the following boroughs:
We would like to strengthen the diversity of the group’s membership, and would welcome applications from:
- people from ethnic minorities
- people with disabilities
- young people.
Requirements. We need people who:
- are committed to helping and supporting the Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) to be successful in its vision to deliver the best possible health and care for Kent and Medway
- are willing and able to speak up and comment on plans for how health and care is delivered for the benefit of the whole population of Kent and Medway
- have some experience or knowledge of health and/or social care services
- have the ability to work in a team and to advise and comment in a timely and constructive way.
- are willing to gather views from and share public information with their own contacts and groups where relevant.
The group meets once a month, currently on a Wednesday morning in Faversham and communicates by email in-between meetings. Some members also offer to attend other meetings for specific areas of work. This is a voluntary role but travel expenses are covered.
If you are interested in applying, but the meeting arrangements aren’t convenient for you, please still apply as we may be able to find other ways for you to participate.
The deadline for applications is 3 September 2018 and they should be emailed or posted to:
Claire Lloyd-Cowtan, Programme Administrator, Kent and Medway Sustainability and Transformation Partnership
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Kent and Medway STP, Magnitude House, New Hythe Lane, Aylesford, Kent, ME20 6WT
Interviews will be held on the 7 and 14 of September (locations to follow).
Please share this information with your networks and friends.
Can you help us bring the voice of patients and the public to the centre of planning for health and social care? We have five vacancies on our Patient and Public Advisory Group and particularly want to encourage people from diverse or seldom-heard...