The NHS and social care partners in east Kent are working together to design better and more sustainable services for local people, both in and out of hospital. We are committed to improving services so you get the best, most effective hospital care when you need it – and more care, treatment and support out of hospital when you don’t.
We need your help
As part of this work, we have developed two potential options for future hospital services, which have been shaped by feedback from local people and NHS staff. We now need your help to scrutinise how we will evaluate these options before the local NHS decides which option/options will form part of an upcoming public consultation.
On Thursday 18 July 2019 we are bringing clinicians and local people together to discuss
some of the evidence used to make this decision. The workshop will be in Canterbury
from 9.30am-4pm. There will be lunch and refreshments provided, and travel expenses can be reclaimed.
We are looking for 40 members of the public from across east Kent who represent our diverse population. We are looking for a mix of views and experience including:
- Patients and carers who are young people, parents, working aged adults, or retired
- People with experience of using A&E for physical or mental health problems
- People with experience of inpatient treatment at Kent & Canterbury, QEQM, and
William Harvey hospitals
- People with long-term conditions that have led to regular hospital visits, or their carers
- Parents with experience of maternity or hospital services for children in east Kent.
You don’t need to have previous involvement or knowledge of the hospital proposals. But we are looking for people who are willing to:
- read (or listen to) a little bit of background information before the event
- spend a day discussing how the options will be assessed and considering some of the emerging evidence.
Join us or pass it on
You can register your interest in this event by completing this form. If you know other people or networks of people who may be interested, please pass on this invitation. We will need expressions of interest by Monday 24 June. Places will be confirmed on Wednesday 26 June.
Share the information:
You can read information about the detailed work carried out so far and how feedback from the public and clinicians has shaped the proposals at www.kentandmedway.nhs.uk/eastkent