A strategy for being digital and how we will deliver it 2019-2021
Kent County Council (KCC) has launched their ‘Being Digital’ strategy for Adult Social Care and Health, 2019 – 2021. The strategy has been developed in collaboration with the Kent and Medway Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) digital workstream. View the strategy here.
The vision is to help people to achieve the best possible health and well-being outcomes, living independent and fulfilling lives in their own homes and communities by using digital innovation and technology.
The strategy is built around five themes:
- People: Enabling people to do more for themselves and make use of intelligent information, tools and apps to increase their independence and improve their quality of life.
- Place: Transforming the way services are delivered across all settings by improving connectivity and using innovative technology.
- Practice: Developing a more productive, capable and confident workforce by ensuring employees have the right digital tools and information and can work flexibly.
- Product: Empowering and enabling service users to live more fulfilling and independent lives by using more advanced and innovative products where appropriate.
- Partnership: Delivering better outcomes for people by enabling key partners to more easily collaborate, innovate and share information.
An implementation plan is being developed which includes the necessary links with the STP digital workstream to ensure duplication is avoided and maximum benefits can be achieved. The ideas in the implementation plan are focused around how we can enable people to do more for themselves, empower our workforce to be more confident and productive and improve the way we work with our partners.