The Kent and Medway STP ‘One Year On’ conference
Tuesday 31 October in Maidstone
The Kent and Medway Sustainability and Transformation Partnership held a ‘One Year On’ conference on 31 October 2017 at the Great Danes Hotel in Maidstone. Chaired by Dame Ruth Carnall, independent chair for the Kent and Medway STP, this leadership event was an essential date for the diary.
Key themes of the conference were:
- Delivering a new model of care – new ways of working across organisational boundaries
- Harnessing workforce potential – Looking beyond traditional job roles
- Shaping and delivering accountable care in Kent and Medway
- Leadership and culture change
The conference offered the opportunity to hear from NHS England about the national ambition for delivering accountable care. Dr Karen Kirkham, GP and a clinical lead from the recently rated ‘outstanding’ Dorset STP and Chris Hopson, Chief Executive and NHS Providers who discussed the importance of staff and patient voice in co-designing new services and how to get the most out of this relationship. There were a range of workshops, covering key hot-topics, designed to move forward the work of the STP and facilitate join-up between workstreams and different parts of the NHS and social care in Kent and Medway.
Why did people attend?
- To talk with the people designing and delivering the STP programme, make connections, discuss issues.
- To have an input into the STP’s key priorities for the next 12 months.
- To hear learning and insights from other STPs.
- To attend specialised workshops on cross-cutting issues for local care, hospital care, mental health, prevention and system transformation.
Who was the conference for?
- Clinical and managerial leaders from health and social care in Kent and Medway
- Leaders from district and borough councils in Kent and Medway
- Leaders from voluntary sector organisations
- Leaders from other partner organisations
- Leaders from organisations representing patients and the public
- STP programme board and clinical board
- STP workstream members
- PPAG members