The Kent and Medway STP ‘One Year On’ conference
Tuesday 31 October in Maidstone
The Kent and Medway Sustainability and Transformation Partnership is holding a ‘One Year On’ conference on 31 October 2017 at the Great Danes Hotel in Maidstone. Chaired by Dame Ruth Carnall, independent chair for the Kent and Medway STP, this leadership event is an essential date for your diary.
Confirmed speakers include
Key themes of the conference:
- Delivering a new model of care – new ways of working across organisational boundaries
- Harnessing workforce potential – Looking beyond traditional job roles
- Shaping and delivering accountable care in Kent and Medway
- Leadership and culture change
The conference offers you the opportunity to hear from Michael Macdonnell, head of the Strategy Group at NHS England about the national ambition for delivering accountable care. Dr Karen Kirkham, GP and a clinical lead from the recently rated ‘outstanding’ Dorset STP will share her experience and learning on clinical leadership, workforce challenges and delivering integrated care. Chris Hopson, Chief Executive and NHS Providers will also be there to discuss the importance of staff and patient voice in co-designing new services and how to get the most out of this relationship. You can select from a range of workshops, covering key hot-topics, designed to move forward the work of the STP and facilitate join-up between workstreams and different parts of the NHS and social care in Kent and Medway.
Why should you attend?
- Talk with the people designing and delivering the STP programme, make connections, discuss issues.
- Have an input into the STP’s key priorities for the next 12 months.
- Hear learning and insights from other STPs.
- Attend specialised workshops on cross-cutting issues for local care, hospital care, mental health, prevention and system transformation.
An invitation only event, it will bring together STP stakeholders and partners, and members of the different workstreams, boards and advisory groups to help agree our key priorities going forward.
Who should attend?
- Clinical and managerial leaders from health and social care in Kent and Medway
- Leaders from district and borough councils in Kent and Medway
- Leaders from voluntary sector organisations
- Leaders from other partner organisations
- Leaders from organisations representing patients and the public
- STP programme board and clinical board
- STP workstream members
- PPAG members